[Scribus] I really shouldn't open my mouth... but I'm going to

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Nov 2 22:09:15 CET 2006

Richard Detwiler wrote:
> There are many, probably a large majority of, computer users in the
> world who think of the computer as a tool to get a job done, much like a
> car is to get from one place to another. They don't want to have to
> learn how an engine works, they want to know that when they turn the
> key, the car starts, and know how to use the controls on the car.

But they need to more than that. My son almost cooked the engine on my
BMW by not heeding the warning about the engine overheating. What you
should know about a car is far from knowing how the engine works. What
you should know about a computer is far from knowing how to program or
how the OS works. The normal operating mode of Windows out of the box is
completely unsafe. Compared to that, learning a few things about some
other utilities to help Scribus help you is child's play.

Greg