[Scribus] A toy: piechart.py

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed May 31 05:46:59 CEST 2006

Here is something to play with: piechart.py

As written, it needs to be run from Scribus, since it uses some Scripter
dialogs for information entry.
When it starts it asks for the filename to save your SVG file to, then
asks for your data values, one by one. To stop the loop, enter 0 (the
number zero not the letter).

See what you think. The resulting file can be imported into Scribus, of
course, but can also be viewed in Firefox or loaded into Inkscape.
I've tried it out in 1.2.4.1, 1.3.3.1 and 1.3.4cvs -- all work OK.
I don't know what will happen if you enter more than nine numbers, since
I've only allowed for nine different color choices for the segments.

Greg