[Scribus] Prepare EPS for commercial print

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Tue May 30 16:30:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:24:50PM +0100, mvdg wrote:

> I just performed al the steps proposed by momo. I
> imported the Inkscape SVG into scribus. For the
> business card I added the address information in
> scribus. Then I exported the whole thing as pdf. I
> made sure I selected the output media being 'for
> printer'.
>
> Now when I review the generated pdf, the text created
> by Scribus is just fine, but the logo itself seems a
> little jagged.

What does jagged mean? What PDF viewer do you use? Do you have
Antialisasing enabled? The SVG you imported is handled as vectors, so
there shouldn't be any problems with the quality.

> When I exported the whole thing in eps,
> this doesn't happen .. however, exporting to eps
> doesn't have the option to select the output media.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Should I use PDF or eps
> instead?

I'd suggest to use PDF. I'm not sure about the quality of the EPS
export.

Bye,

Tino.