[Scribus] Contextual styles [was: line spacing, sections, and styles]

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat May 20 16:40:45 CEST 2006

Michael Koren wrote:
> Christoph Schdfer wrote:

>>> Yes, it's heavy to manage, but count the hours spent making your
>>> contextual
>>> styles perfect versus doing it by hand on the whole course of a book
>>> (even
>>> if you need to proof-read it later), even a document, or even some
>>> template
>>> used by secretaries in offices.
>>>
>>> To me this would be a very powerful tool, despite being complicated.
>>>
>>> Pierre-Luc
>>>
>> Would http://bugs.scribus.net/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000363 be
>> what you guys need?
>>
>> Christoph
>>

> Only when you know in advance the number of headers, subheaders, and such
> for each section. Then you could make a specialized section style with first
> N elements set as headers, etc.

Thinking in terms of a more abstract GUI sort of approach, I wonder if
an answer might be some kind of tokenization of styles, so that a style
with all its attributes could be clicked, dragged, and dropped from one
location to another. This might make use of the Scrapbook or a
Scrapbook-like area for style tokens, with a user-defined label. The
more obvious way this might be used would be with Story Editor, where a
tag for the style already exists, but perhaps highlighted text in a text
frame might also be feasible.

Greg