[Scribus] Old Style Figures - substituting glyphs from one font

Pierre-Luc Auclair p.lucauclair
Mon May 15 20:32:49 CEST 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 14:25, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Yes. But afaik this is available only for OpenType fonts. The Expert
> sets are PostScript Type 1 fonts.

Oh I see.

> Provided the upgrade pricing policy
> from Adobe to actually "side-grade" and even though ID and the coming
> QXP7 support OpenType, we are not very likely to see a tide of OpenType
> fonts...

I don't agree. Most companies are switching to it for all their typefaces,
given that it's 100% compatible on every system, and is not harder to make.
I've seen a tendency on FontShop that a lot of the new fonts get released, or
re-released for OpenType.

> But things can change fast, I agree! Nonetheless, the Super
> Search & Replace has other benefits *plus* this one!

Yes, S&R can be useful in those cases where the feature is not available. I
just don't want it to be taken for granted after such S&R features would be
added.