[Scribus] Old Style Figures - substituting glyphs from one font

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon May 15 20:44:19 CEST 2006

Pierre-Luc Auclair a ?crit :

> On Monday 15 May 2006 14:25, Louis Desjardins wrote:
>
>>Yes. But afaik this is available only for OpenType fonts. The Expert
>>sets are PostScript Type 1 fonts.
>

> Oh I see.
>

>>Provided the upgrade pricing policy
>>from Adobe to actually "side-grade" and even though ID and the coming
>>QXP7 support OpenType, we are not very likely to see a tide of OpenType
>>fonts...
>

> I don't agree. Most companies are switching to it for all their typefaces,
> given that it's 100% compatible on every system, and is not harder to make.
> I've seen a tendency on FontShop that a lot of the new fonts get released, or
> re-released for OpenType.
>

>>But things can change fast, I agree! Nonetheless, the Super
>>Search & Replace has other benefits *plus* this one!
>

> Yes, S&R can be useful in those cases where the feature is not available. I
> just don't want it to be taken for granted after such S&R features would be
> added.

No worries! There are actually 2 different bug reports (feature), one
for full OpenType support (including all the goodies, ligatures, etc.)
and one for the Super Search & Replace.