[Scribus] Old Style Figures - substituting glyphs from one font

Pierre-Luc Auclair p.lucauclair
Mon May 15 20:15:00 CEST 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 14:11, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> > Well, I had figured that solution out, is there no way of substituting
> > (globally) the numbers of the regular font with another? I know that is
> > mixing of fonts, which should be avoided generally, but in this case
> > this solution could be prone to create errors as well, a last minute
> > change in the text, and suddenly we have both old style figures and
> > majuscle numbers in the same text.
>
> You're absolutely right pointing at the "creating errors" issue. There
> is no better way at the moment (unless something could be done with
> scripting, but I cannot advise on this). But the issue is known and
> there are plans to have a "super search & replace" function that would
> allow to handle these cases in one single operation.

In this case, OpenType functions ? la InDesign would be much better than a
S&R. I assume it would not be that difficult, given that it seems glyphs have
standardized names (at least that's what it seems in all the fonts I've
opened so far).