[Scribus] Scribus Indic Malayalam Script support

Zbigniew Szalbot admin
Sat May 6 10:10:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

>>   My ealrier question about Table of Contents and Attributes is not
>>   answered yet. Could you please help me to make TOC?
>
> Please read this:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents
>
> and should you find it  not easy to understand, please feel free to
> ask specific questions and we we'll answer them and extend this howto
> appriopriately.

On the subject of TOCs - I am also new to Scribus so I tried to create a TOC
from one of the documents I already designed in Scirbus. However, from a
usability point of view, it is probably more work than it is worth. What I
mean is that not only does one have to set attributes for each text frame
that should be included within TOC but also assing a value to it. For
example, for the Intruduction text frame I had to assign a TOC and then
manually type Intruduction.

I wonder if a better way would not be to use styles for TOC. Like I have a
style called Header and to be able to create a TOC based on a particular
header (one or more) would be more than nice. I am aware that this may mean
some further complications so please be patient with me as I am new to
Scribus and DTP in general too.

Thanks for the software anyway!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot