[Scribus] 1.3.4 - The Great Breakage Part 2

avox avox
Fri Mar 31 00:00:53 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 30. M?rz 2006 23:39 schrieb avox:
>> In your dreams, mate! German only has ??? and ?.
>
> True and not true. We also use (almost) the whole set of French, Italian,
> and
> Spanish accents and special characters for words that originate in those
> languages and are integrated into German, e. g. Fa?on, voil?.

When Germans use French accents on French words that doesn't make it a
German accent, does it? Also in German foreign words get assimilated, as in
"Fassade",
compare to French/English "fa?ade". The new orthography rules have some
really unorthodox proposals for even heavier assimilation, and I'm not
talking about
"Delfin"...

/Andreas