[Scribus] 1.3.4 - The Great Breakage Part 2

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Mar 31 00:21:29 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 31. M?rz 2006 00:00 schrieb avox:
> Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 30. M?rz 2006 23:39 schrieb avox:
> >> In your dreams, mate! German only has ??? and ?.
> >
> > True and not true. We also use (almost) the whole set of French, Italian,
> > and
> > Spanish accents and special characters for words that originate in those
> > languages and are integrated into German, e. g. Fa?on, voil?.
>
> When Germans use French accents on French words that doesn't make it a
> German accent, does it?

That's not what I wrote. They are used in German (and in Dutch) too, that's
all.

> Also in German foreign words get assimilated, as in
> "Fassade",

Some are assimilated, some are not, some are both. You will not write "voila".

> compare to French/English "fa?ade". The new orthography rules have some
> really unorthodox

which is extremely polite ;)

> proposals for even heavier assimilation, and I'm not
> talking about
> "Delfin"...

... which is harmless, compared to "Schikoree" (Chicor?e), "Grisli" (Grizzly)
or "Krepp" (Cr?pe). "Krepp Suzette" ... absolutely ridiculous!

> /Andreas

Cheers

Christoph