[Scribus] Presentation and pdf export problem (file too big ?)

Aurelien Roux Aurelien.Roux
Mon Mar 27 11:18:24 CEST 2006

Hi !

I'm called Aur?lien, I live in France and am currently in PhD in
Acoustics and Signal and Information Processing.

I play music and take part in a lot of associative things around music
and art. I use scribus in that way to create CD's cover, or flyers, and
so on.

I'm using scribus-cvs under Debian SID (currently scribus-cvs 1.3.3), on
a laptop that is a Celeron 2GHz, with 256DDR, 200Go HDD, and a sis
integrated video card. I should say it's sometimes quite hard and long
!!!

Here's my problem today (I did alreay come on irc channel, but today, I
can't !) :

I'm publishing a picture to announce a concert. This picture is 400mm
wide for 600mm height, CMJN (CMYK, is it ?), at 300dpi.
There are 5 layers in the scribus file, one contains the picture on which
I'm supposed to work, whos height is 7300px and width is 4866px. It's a
tif file in CMYK.
The others layers just contains several texts, and picture, which are
quite small.
I've to say that the tif file weights 102Mo !

My publication has now ended, but I didn't convince the society who will
print it to use scribus, and I've to export the file to a pdf file.

I've tried it, but anyway, it doesn't work. A bad allocation, it says,
in the log. Not more. I've tried to reduce the size (in px) of the big
picture, and I managed to export it, but as I'm to the right size, it
won't.

I don't know if that comes from my laptop, or is well-known, or what.
I can send someone the file, I've got a big network, if that helps (I
can put it all on a ftp server).

Hope you did understand my problem, and will help me in managing it !

Aur?lien Roux

Doctorant (PhD)

Laboratoire d'Acoustique de l'Universit? du Maine
UMR CNRS 6613
Avenue Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans Cedex 9
France

--------------------
Tel (bureau) : (33) 02 43 83 35 89
Fax : (33) 02 43 83 35 20
Email : Aurelien.Roux at univ-lemans.fr
http://laum.univ-lemans.fr
http://www.univ-lemans.fr

             /   Chiffrez et signez vos messages  \
            |        Utilisez les cl?s GnuPG       |
            |                HOWTO :               |
            |  http://vilya.org/gpg/gpg-intro.html |