[Scribus] Scribus on Windows - When and How to Report Crashes?

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Fri Mar 24 12:56:30 CET 2006

>If this is a FAQ for which there is an existing answer, I apologise for
>asking it here, but I've not found answers that I understand on the
>Scribus web site.
>
>I am using Scribus 1.3.3-cvs on Windows XP to lay out a company
>brochure.  Having had major problems with colour matching last year and
>the year before, when I did the brochure in OOo, having colour
>management in Scribus and being able to specify text, line and fill
>colours in CMYK is great.
>
>This version of Scribus crashes frequently (several times per day) but
>is still usable so long as I save frequently.  I'm not complaining about
>this, because I know it is a development version.  However, if
>information about the crashes would be helpful to the developers I would
>like to report it.  How should I do this?

Hi Tony and welcome to Scribus!

Here is what you're looking for :
http://bugs.scribus.net/main_page.php

>Also, with the number of crashes that are happening, I don't expect it
>would be very helpful if I reported every one and I wouldn't have time
>anyway.  How can I decide which ones are worth reporting?

Please browse the bugs archives by doing simple searches and reading
the discussions. In addition, there is an article in the wiki on how
to report bugs. Basically what we want to avoid is duplicating bugs.
At the same time, we don't want to miss a bug. So it's a matter of
doing the best possible effort to find out wether the bug has been
reported. In doubt, report it. We'll track it down anyway.

HTH

Louis