[Scribus] Scribus on Windows - When and How to Report Crashes?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Mar 24 13:19:59 CET 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 12:37, Tony Cowderoy wrote:
> If this is a FAQ for which there is an existing answer, I apologise for
> asking it here, but I've not found answers that I understand on the
> Scribus web site.
>
> I am using Scribus 1.3.3-cvs on Windows XP to lay out a company
> brochure.  Having had major problems with colour matching last year and
> the year before, when I did the brochure in OOo, having colour
> management in Scribus and being able to specify text, line and fill
> colours in CMYK is great.
>
> This version of Scribus crashes frequently (several times per day) but
> is still usable so long as I save frequently.  I'm not complaining about
> this, because I know it is a development version.  However, if
> information about the crashes would be helpful to the developers I would
> like to report it.  How should I do this?
>
> Also, with the number of crashes that are happening, I don't expect it
> would be very helpful if I reported every one and I wouldn't have time
> anyway.  How can I decide which ones are worth reporting?

See how you go with 1.3.3 which we will release shortly. We have certainly
fixed a few so far in 1.3.3cvs and since the last Windows installer release
so hopefully most, if not all, are gone.

Craig