[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

John Jordan johnxj
Fri Mar 24 09:40:38 CET 2006

On 23 Mar 2006, at 10:24, fredd wrote:

> > OK, maybe the problem is in the TIFF file. I fiddled around for a
> > bit and decide to change the extension from TIFF to tif. But no go.
> > Scribus still doesn't see them as placeable files.

> May be your Scribus was not compiled with Tiff support.
> You can check this by going to Help->About Scribus
> At the bottom of the About dialog there is a build ID which should
> look like C-C-T-F-C (for 1.3.x version).  The T is for Tiff support.
> If you have a * instead of the T, then you don't have built-in support
> for Tiff.

The Help > About says C-C-T. So I guess that means it's
supposed to have TIFF support.

Note: I did not "compile" Scribus. I don't know how to do that. I'm
just a dumbass user. All I did was install it via Synaptic on my
Ubuntu-64 Breezy computer.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.