[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Mar 24 18:33:29 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 24. M?rz 2006 09:40 schrieb John Jordan:
> On 23 Mar 2006, at 10:24, fredd wrote:
> > > OK, maybe the problem is in the TIFF file. I fiddled around for a
> > > bit and decide to change the extension from TIFF to tif. But no go.
> > > Scribus still doesn't see them as placeable files.
> >
> > May be your Scribus was not compiled with Tiff support.
> > You can check this by going to Help->About Scribus
> > At the bottom of the About dialog there is a build ID which should
> > look like C-C-T-F-C (for 1.3.x version).  The T is for Tiff support.
> > If you have a * instead of the T, then you don't have built-in support
> > for Tiff.
>
> The Help > About says C-C-T. So I guess that means it's
> supposed to have TIFF support.
>
> Note: I did not "compile" Scribus. I don't know how to do that. I'm
> just a dumbass user. All I did was install it via Synaptic on my
> Ubuntu-64 Breezy computer.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hi John,

In your original post you mentioned that XSane shows the picture fine. What
about the GIMP, CinePaint, Photoshop or whatever you use for image editing?
Did you try to load and resave the file?

Cheers,

Christoph