[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

fredd effediwhy
Thu Mar 23 12:01:10 CET 2006

On 3/23/06, gewilit at gmx.de <gewilit at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 23. M?rz 2006 11:03 schrieb Craig Ringer:
> >
> > Frankly, I'm astonished Scribus compiles without libtiff these days. I
> > think it should probably be made a mandatory dependency to avoid these
> > sorts of issues - it's a common, easy to obtain library that's
> > preinstalled on most systems anyway. A mandatory dependency will mostly
> > just ensure the -dev / -devel package is installed.
> >
> > As for what you are missing and what to do about the problem, please
> > read the documentation, specifically the file BUILDING in the Scribus
> > source tree you downloaded. Make sure you have ALL the packages required
> > for your distro installed.
>
> I checked it out: only LittleCMS isn't installed on my PC and my distro
> doesn't offer it (SuSE 9.3.). For what is it necessary?
> All other packages are installed. So, what to do?
> Detlef

According to lcms web page,  " SuSe does include liblcms<http://www.suse.com/>"
(http://www.littlecms.com/downloads.htm). If you cannot find it, you can get
the source code and compile/install it manually.

The packages you will need if you compile Scribus by yourself are the -devel
ones. For example for tiff support you will have to install libtiff-devel
prior to the ./configure && make steps. The same applies for other
libraries, like cups or freetype,...

Fred.