[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

gewilit at gmx.de gewilit
Thu Mar 23 11:42:04 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 23. M?rz 2006 11:03 schrieb Craig Ringer:

> Frankly, I'm astonished Scribus compiles without libtiff these days. I
> think it should probably be made a mandatory dependency to avoid these
> sorts of issues - it's a common, easy to obtain library that's
> preinstalled on most systems anyway. A mandatory dependency will mostly
> just ensure the -dev / -devel package is installed.
>
> As for what you are missing and what to do about the problem, please
> read the documentation, specifically the file BUILDING in the Scribus
> source tree you downloaded. Make sure you have ALL the packages required
> for your distro installed.

I checked it out: only LittleCMS isn't installed on my PC and my distro
doesn't offer it (SuSE 9.3.). For what is it necessary?
All other packages are installed. So, what to do?
Detlef

--
## Registered Linux User #387341 -- http://counter.li.org/