[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Mar 23 11:03:03 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 10:56:03AM +0100, gewilit at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi fred,
>
> So far so god: I found in my version c * * F C - what does it mean and how can
> I compile it with tiff support and what eles is missing? I took the
> tar.gz-files from the scribus download site.. Do I have to use others?
> Detlef

Frankly, I'm astonished Scribus compiles without libtiff these days. I
think it should probably be made a mandatory dependency to avoid these
sorts of issues - it's a common, easy to obtain library that's
preinstalled on most systems anyway. A mandatory dependency will mostly
just ensure the -dev / -devel package is installed.

As for what you are missing and what to do about the problem, please
read the documentation, specifically the file BUILDING in the Scribus
source tree you downloaded. Make sure you have ALL the packages required
for your distro installed.

--
Craig Ringer