[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Mar 23 11:02:10 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 10:56, gewilit at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi fred,
>
> so far so god: I found in my version c * * F C - what does it mean
> and how can I compile it with tiff support and what eles is
> missing? I took the tar.gz-files from the scribus download site..
> Do I have to use others? Detlef
>
> > May be your Scribus was not compiled with Tiff support.
> > You can check this by going to Help->About Scribus
> > At the bottom of the About dialog there is a build ID which
> > should look like C-C-T-F-C (for 1.3.x version).  The T is for
> > Tiff support. If you have a * instead of the T, then you don't
> > have built-in support for Tiff.
> >
> > Fred.

Visit http://debian.scribus.net for complete instructions for using
our complete Debian/Ubuntu repository maintained by Alex Moskalenko.

These are the same packages which are fed into debian main.

Cheers,

Peter