[Scribus] Printing tabloid landscape to Laserjet 5SiMx - Help!

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat Mar 11 05:29:34 CET 2006

>On 10 Mar 2006, at 22:56, Louis Desjardins wrote:
>
>>  >Can't do it. I've set it to tabloid (11x17 inches), landscape. Even
>>  >set it to landscape in the printer control panel. Page still comes
>>  >out portrait. I need this to print!
>>
>>  Please try to Save as PDF first (click on the PDF icon). Then check
>>  the PDF file. If it's OK, print this file.
>
>Already tried that. It appears fine in the PDF. But when I attempt to
>print from Adobe Reader 7.0 it is way more pathetic than from
>Scribus. The printer selection box in the print dialog window is
>blank and doesn't have a drop-down to select the printer. It doesn't
>even have a box to enter the number of copies! I never tried to print
>from Reader before. Good thing I didn't, huh? I'll try some other
>PDF viewers and see if something can print it.
>
>But damn! Printing from Linux has a LONG ways to go.
>Considering how lame Adobe Reader is I guess I shouldn't bitch
>about Scribus. On the other hand, the fact that printing from
>Scribus is only 50% screwed up is not justified by the fact that
>printing from other apps is worse. Having to export as PDF in order
>to print to an office Laserjet is not acceptable.
>
>Please pardon the bitch mode. This is frustrating.

It's allright. I know it can be frustrating. And I don't read your
message as "bitching" whatsoever. To that point, I am afraid someone
else will have to come aboard and help. I have no further experience
to share on that particular issue. I print from PDF because it allows
me to first softproof the document, then print. Saves paper.

I assume it won't be long before a good soul gets here on the list to
help you out.

Did you try the "stupid" trick : print in "portrait" mode... even
though you want "landscape". If one doesn't work, maybe the other
will. Sometimes strange things happen.

Louis