[Scribus] Printing tabloid landscape to Laserjet 5SiMx - Help!

John Jordan johnxj
Sat Mar 11 05:13:05 CET 2006

On 10 Mar 2006, at 22:56, Louis Desjardins wrote:

> >Can't do it. I've set it to tabloid (11x17 inches), landscape. Even
> >set it to landscape in the printer control panel. Page still comes
> >out portrait. I need this to print!
>
> Please try to Save as PDF first (click on the PDF icon). Then check
> the PDF file. If it's OK, print this file.

Already tried that. It appears fine in the PDF. But when I attempt to
print from Adobe Reader 7.0 it is way more pathetic than from
Scribus. The printer selection box in the print dialog window is
blank and doesn't have a drop-down to select the printer. It doesn't
even have a box to enter the number of copies! I never tried to print
from Reader before. Good thing I didn't, huh? I'll try some other
PDF viewers and see if something can print it.

But damn! Printing from Linux has a LONG ways to go.
Considering how lame Adobe Reader is I guess I shouldn't bitch
about Scribus. On the other hand, the fact that printing from
Scribus is only 50% screwed up is not justified by the fact that
printing from other apps is worse. Having to export as PDF in order
to print to an office Laserjet is not acceptable.

Please pardon the bitch mode. This is frustrating.