[Scribus] How to bold first word in every paragraph

tomjas at poczta.onet.pl tomjas
Fri Jun 23 06:42:09 CEST 2006

U?ytkownik Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> napisa?:
>Calum Polwart wrote:
>> Surprised no-one has replied yet. From my understanding this needs
>> version 1.3.4 (which doesn't really exist yet!)  Until then the
>> official line is you can't import character formatting, only para
>> formatting.
>> I was supposed to write a Wiki article on a work around I found - but
>> ran out of time.
>>
>> So the short answer is: If you can import into OO as a
>> database/mailmerge apply the formatting that way. so that you have a
>> OO document with character formatting.  then save it in HTML format.
>> You can import HTML and it appears to apply bold/italics etc.
>As I try to envision the visual appearance of this, I have to ask
>whether this is something one should really want to do, and therefore,
>maybe it's not such a good thing to make it easy. After all, you can
>double-click the first word of each paragraph, then make it bold in
>Properties > Text  (in Edit Contents of Frame mode) or Story Editor.

Yeah - it's quite easy if you have a few paragraphs in the whole newspaper. As I said I want to make a paper with ads. I suppose it might be about 10 000 ads in a paper - it's quite difficult to click first word in each of them.
TJ