[Scribus] How to bold first word in every paragraph

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Jun 23 02:14:24 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Calum Polwart wrote:
>> Surprised no-one has replied yet. From my understanding this needs
>> version 1.3.4 (which doesn't really exist yet!)  Until then the
>> official line is you can't import character formatting, only para
>> formatting.
>> I was supposed to write a Wiki article on a work around I found - but
>> ran out of time.
>>
>> So the short answer is: If you can import into OO as a
>> database/mailmerge apply the formatting that way. so that you have a
>> OO document with character formatting.  then save it in HTML format.
>> You can import HTML and it appears to apply bold/italics etc.

> As I try to envision the visual appearance of this, I have to ask
> whether this is something one should really want to do, and therefore,
> maybe it's not such a good thing to make it easy.

I do think it's useful. It's a common style for classified listings for
example. Supporting it would come as part of a wider facility for
"selector" based style application - ie a par style with an associated
char style to apply to the first word, first line, etc

--
Craig Ringer