[Scribus] How to bold first word in every paragraph

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jun 23 02:08:38 CEST 2006

Calum Polwart wrote:
> Surprised no-one has replied yet. From my understanding this needs
> version 1.3.4 (which doesn't really exist yet!)  Until then the
> official line is you can't import character formatting, only para
> formatting.
> I was supposed to write a Wiki article on a work around I found - but
> ran out of time.
>
> So the short answer is: If you can import into OO as a
> database/mailmerge apply the formatting that way. so that you have a
> OO document with character formatting.  then save it in HTML format.
> You can import HTML and it appears to apply bold/italics etc.
As I try to envision the visual appearance of this, I have to ask
whether this is something one should really want to do, and therefore,
maybe it's not such a good thing to make it easy. After all, you can
double-click the first word of each paragraph, then make it bold in
Properties > Text  (in Edit Contents of Frame mode) or Story Editor.

Greg