[Scribus] Software distribution question

Camille Moulin camille.moulin
Mon Jun 19 17:06:33 CEST 2006

On 6/19/06, Grant Bloedow <grant at acelabel.com> wrote:
[...]
> Since the software is GPL'd the re-distribution with source and same
> license is acceptable, but I am wondering about the dependencies of
> the software needed to take advantage of Scribus.
>
> It appears the GPL version of Ghostscript doesn't work as well with a
> default installation as the AFPL licensed version. I'm sure
> distributing the AFPL verison of Ghostscript is not allowed under its
> license.
It seems that artifex has decided to change it's licencing policy, and
that the new versions of Ghostscript will be under GPL.
Please see the (recent) archives for more details on that matter.
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2006-June/018523.html
HTH
Camille