[Scribus] Maintaining text with scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Jun 12 18:29:03 CEST 2006

Marc de Banville wrote:
> Greg,
>
> First try with framelist.py. It works great with pagenumbers and so, but
> two problems:
>
> 1. Accentuated letters result in strange combinations. For instance
> letter e acute "?" results in weird  "??" combination. Is there a
> python-scribus function to correct this (In the text editor it is fine)

This sounds like it might be an encoding issue, see:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=scripterfaq&page=scripter-faq
I didn't put these lines in the script so whoever used them could
customize for their own system.
> 2. Long texts which jumps from frame to frame are repeated as the script
> does not detect it is the same text. I will start to study python a
> little bit to see if I can modify your script to fix these. But if a
> scribus python guru could give me some advice, I would be very happy :-).

I guess what you're saying is that if frames are linked, there is a
problem -- I'll have to check that out.

Greg