[Scribus] Master Page and Item Attribute usage

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jun 7 20:13:00 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2006 15:20 schrieb Patrick Rea:
> I am starting to use Scribus for the creation of a community magazine. The
> original layout designer used Quark so obviously I can't use her templates.
> I have recreated most of her basic page layouts and have started to add my
> own. With 6 different magazines coming out every 2 months and only one
> person doing layouts, anything I can do to simplify my life is a bonus.
>
> To this end, I am trying to get a handle on the use of master pages and
> item attributes and how I can use them to simplify the creation of new
> magazine issues. I haven't found anything in the documentation that tells
> me how to use them. Anyone out there able to give me a pointer?

Hi Patrick,

since you didn't tell us anything about your previous experiences with DTP
software or even advanced features of word processors, I have to guess what
might help you.

Master pages are pre-defined (by you) pages that can be applied to any
existing page in a document. You can even use master pages from other Scribus
documents.

On a master page, you can place all elements that will be used for all (or a
range of) pages of a doc, e.g. frames with page numbers, visual dividing
lines, logos etc.

To create a master page, click Edit > Master Page OR convert an existing page
into a master page using Page > Convert to Master Page. If your document is
double sided, you can also create master pages for left and right.

One thing to keep in mind is that items on a master page cannot be edited in
normal editing mode.

Is that of any use for you? If not, you can ask more detailed questions
anytime :)

Cheers,

Christoph