[Scribus] Conversion tool for MS-Pub

Russbucket russbucket
Wed Jun 7 03:27:35 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:50, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> I have a set of .pub files that are provided as templates for my own
> use. Does anyone know of a tool to convert .pub files to something I can
> use without MS Publisher, which I don't have, and don't plan to acquire?
>
> I installed Scribus, but learned from the Wiki that there are no plans
> to support importing .pub files. The set of directions for how to get
> most of the information out of the document is nice, but it starts with
> opening it with MS Publisher, which kind of defeats the purpose.
I have not found anyway to convert .pub to something else. I sometimes open
them with pub, copy what I can to a word doc them save. You can also save
the .pub as rtf I think. Then you'd have the text.  Also I heard a long time
ago the MS has a reader (works like adobe reader) for read only of .pub. I
have not seen it.

Since I gave up with MS I have just redone everything in Scribus on Linux.
--
Russ