[Scribus] Scientific publishing

Peter Nermander m8130
Fri Jun 2 08:14:41 CEST 2006

> > 1.3 mathematical (and other) formulas
> > 1.4 complex tables
> > 1.5 references/numbering
> > 1.6 footnotes/endnotes

> No, I didn't forget them. They are just text.

I beg to differ. Text is "line based", you have characters on a line. I agree
that SOME forumlas can be seen as text, but many are more like special images
(but they are not images and should not be trated like images).

> Also your 1.4 - 1.6 is IMHO better treated on level '2. markup'.

With "complex tables" I meant tables that are not just data in columns, but
tables used to give a visual appearance of something. So it is something
including text but where you want control of how it appears already in the
"writing" phase (you can not wait with it until layout).

/Peter