[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Jul 30 03:58:16 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006 22:20 schrieb Louis Desjardins:
[snip]

> Yes, I thought this was the final consensus (so far!) But would we merge
> the two (this new part + the remainder of Freedom Yug)?

Yes, why not? The parts on PDF forms and CM are not affected by a new sample
project.

> And does that
> comply with the licence anyway?

The new tutorial will be FDL as well, I suppose, so we are in full compliance.

> I mean, can we really do what we want
> with Freedom Yug (interesting question, I just realize!) and change an
> Elephant to a Tree? (This is a serious question, just in case it was
> taken for a joke!)
>
>            o 1.9 Creation of an entirely new sample magazine (about
> Scribus community)
>
> For this one, I missed the point. What was that again? Sorry, I must be
> getting old... and all these white hair are so heavy! :) Maybe it means
> just a page ...

In case it's just a page, the cover of my sample doc still has the inside
pages empty. Why not place some info here? :)

> And don't forget it has to relate with the Tutorial part of the whole
> thing... So, examples, measurements, menus, dialog boxes, etc. Not as
> simple as it seems and the Screenshots, BTW, have to be done with the
> proper measurements (if we keep the same approach...). This is lots of
> work, folks. We better be sure of what we do in the early stages!

What seems most important to me here is that we have a clear schema of naming
files, so that screenshots taken for one language can easily be changed and
updated for another (for instance: tut_ch1_pic4_en.png). Since this will be a
Wiki project, contributors may feel the need to add new screenshots at a
later stage, and rightly so, but the conventions need to be clear and easily
accessible.

> Cheers!
>
> Louis

Cheers,