[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Jul 26 23:01:15 CEST 2006

Louis Desjardins napisa?(a):
> Hi everybody,
>
> It may have slipped through but of course the Tutorial and "Freedom Yug"
> *are* tightly tied together. Goes without saying, but goes saying it as
> well.
>
> Things have to be done accordingly. We are definitely going to end up
> with 2 different tutorials if we want both "Freedom Yug" and "Another
> One"... This is going to be confusing. Confuses me already...
>
> So the wiki says:
Not the Wiki, Maciej :)

> * 1 Activities and Contributors
>            o 1.1 Wiki structure for the GET STARTED tutorial
>            o 1.2 Import of the original tutorial into the Wiki
>            o 1.3 Updating of text content to 1.3.*
>            o 1.4 New screenshots of Scribus 1.3.*
>            o 1.5 Adding Wiki links to other Wiki articles and general
> wikfisation
>
> Up til 1.5, all fine with me. Then, things get coarser...
>
> Why recreate Freedom Yug... if we don't want it? (not my personnal
> opinion but I can live with this!)...

Louis, these are options, or, better said, my personal draft of optional
proposals, to be corrected, and moved, and changed, and even deleted.
Meaning: _you_ can go there, click on the EDIT tab, and add your stuff.
We've had several interesting proposals for a new sample magazine, and,
as stated before, there is never enough of good tuition material. Even
if we (meaning tutorial contributors) finally decide to use only one of
them, the other sample magazines would be a great addition to the
download area. But, but for the time being, there is only one volunteer
(Christoph, as always :)) for the Rembrandt magazine, and the things
stay in this way, the choice will be quite obvious:)

Finally, I want to encourage you to go to the Wiki, click on the
DISCUSSION tab, and place there any objections you might have about the
planned activities -- it's easier to handle and less time consuming than
searching this endless thread.

cheers
Maciej