[Scribus] Improving Scribus Wiki (once again)

Brian Astill bastill
Thu Jul 27 04:56:06 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 11:37, jwminer at accessvt.com wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> > I was using Opera9, and tested again that it would NOT search
> > for "scribus-ng".  I have since tried Firefox (51/139),
> > Epiphany, Konqueror and Dillo (all 42/118) all of which
> > accepted a search on "scribus-ng", so my problem appears to
> > be browser-based.
>
> Are you using the search box at the top right of the
> scribus.net page directly under "forgot password? :: register"?

No.  I was using the wiki.scribus.net page and the search facility
on the LHS of that page.

> I'm using Opera 9 in Linux and I got one result which, when I
> clicked on it, took me to "Scribus on Debian GNU/Linux and
> derivatives," with this sentence in plain view:
> "scribus-ng (Scribus 1.3.x). scribus-ng package can be
> installed in parallel with the scribus package."

Yeah!  I got that, too!  Using the www.scribus.net search facility
on the RHS as you described.  The same strange conversion
of "scribus-ng" to "scribus -ng" occurred, but the result was
just fine.

So ...   my difficulty was caused by the wiki search facility!
(Website maintainers please note).
Thanks so much Judy - but if you can spare the time, would you use
the wiki search and see what happens?  I think I know the
result  :-)

--
Regards,
Brian