[Scribus] tutorial comments

Elaine de Saxe coolowl
Thu Jul 27 03:13:05 CEST 2006

On 27/07/2006, at 5:37 AM, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

>  Good design is an Art form & a whole different story..learning &
> using Scribus as a tool to create it should be the major thrust of
> any tutorial.
That's a valid point!

I tried to follow the currentt tutorial and just downloading it
proved a stumbling block. There are some huge graphics and one which
always caused an error. I tried copying and pasting tediously into
TextEdit; regardless of how I went about it, I still did not get all
of it to study. So any advance on that situation will be welcome :-).

I understood from reading somewhere, forget where, that the current
Tutorial laid out good guidelines for basic dtp design. If so, then
that is equally as important as how to use Scribus. But I do think
that they are two different threads and it might be a way of
attracting more users if some basics of both design and software use
were illustrated in a straightforward way.

Perhaps the next tutorial/s could be made into a pdf so they can be
downloaded and studied at leisure, even printed. I'd be happy to be a
proof reader.

Elaine in Brisbane, Australia

Registered Linux User: 419009 - though mostly driving an iMac with Tiger