[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Thomas Zastrow listen
Wed Jul 26 22:19:20 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:

<snip>

> I'd do the Rembrandt part. But please don't expect any results tomorrow -- the
> heat caused some health problems for me :(

I know what you mean: Just this week, we had one student and a colleague
who collapsed in his office, just from the heat ...  I wish you the best
for your health.

And, certainly, thank you for the Rembrandt-tutorial, I'm anxious
awaiting it!

> Anyway, I just started downloading the public domain files from wikipedia.
> It'll take some days to hatch a nice design :)
>
> To prevent double efforts I suggest the Rembrandt thingy to become some kind
> of an advertising publication (in a broad sense) with more "free" elements,
> while the Scribus magazine could provide more structure.

Good idea.

>> Dependent ones:
>>
>> Part 1:
>> Updating of text content to 1.3.*
>> New screenshots of Scribus 1.3.*
>>

> I'd still prefer to cover 1.2.x as well. It's still the "official" version and
> will probably continue to be widely used for some time.

OK.

>> Part 2:
>>  Import of the original tutorial into the Wiki
>> Adding Wiki links to other Wiki articles and general wikfisation
>>
>> Part 3:
>> Recreating Freedom Yug sample magazine in 1.3.* (original content)
>> Variation of Freedom Yug sample magazine (changed content)
>>

> Why's that? To have 3 tutorials? Personally, I'd prefer to see the only last
> parts of the Freedom Yug tutorial (vector drawing, PDF forms, CM)
> updated/adjusted.

That's again the question of pictures ....

Best,

Tom