[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 26 22:09:21 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006 21:38 schrieb Thomas Zastrow:
[snip]

> Maciej, thank you, it's a good idea to start ;-)
>
> But, by the way, I think several tasks on the wiki-page are dependent on
> others, others are independent. Perhaps we can subsume some of the
> tasks, because I think that it would be the best if some tasks are done
> by one person:
>
> Independent ones:
> Creation of an entirely new sample magazine (Rembrandt)
> Creation of an entirely new sample magazine (about Scribus community)

I'd do the Rembrandt part. But please don't expect any results tomorrow -- the
heat caused some health problems for me :(

Anyway, I just started downloading the public domain files from wikipedia.
It'll take some days to hatch a nice design :)

To prevent double efforts I suggest the Rembrandt thingy to become some kind
of an advertising publication (in a broad sense) with more "free" elements,
while the Scribus magazine could provide more structure.

> Dependent ones:
>
> Part 1:
> Updating of text content to 1.3.*
> New screenshots of Scribus 1.3.*

I'd still prefer to cover 1.2.x as well. It's still the "official" version and
will probably continue to be widely used for some time.

> Part 2:
>  Import of the original tutorial into the Wiki
> Adding Wiki links to other Wiki articles and general wikfisation
>
> Part 3:
> Recreating Freedom Yug sample magazine in 1.3.* (original content)
> Variation of Freedom Yug sample magazine (changed content)

Why's that? To have 3 tutorials? Personally, I'd prefer to see the only last
parts of the Freedom Yug tutorial (vector drawing, PDF forms, CM)
updated/adjusted.

> Best,
>
> Tom

Cheers,