[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jul 26 16:40:21 CEST 2006

MaHan wrote:
> Louis, please don't get me wrong -- I _love_ this
> touch of exotism, the story and the included pictures.
> The only reason why I'm asking for the new content is
> quite simple: the target audience of the tutorial. I
> would like to encourage more people to use this
> tutorial. But some teachers may restrain from using it
> in their classes, because they could be afraid of
> being suited by angry parents, fired by their
> schoolmasters, etc. Other people may restrain from
> using it because of their cultural background or
> religion -- in fact, I know of some priests and
> seminary students using Scribus. All those countless
> parish centers, non-profit organisations, schools
> should be able to use those materials. That's while
> I'm asking for the more neutral content.
This is my thinking on this too -- I'm going to try to tackle at least
beginning to update the various images for Niyam's tutorial; it will
take some work since several things are done differently now.
At the same time, we need a simpler tutorial, perhaps for example
leaving the color management features out to reduce complexity, and one
in which the content may be seen as less controversial.

Greg