[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

MaHan ma_han2000
Wed Jul 26 11:36:35 CEST 2006

--- listen at thomas-zastrow.de wrote:

> Hi friends,
>

> Am I right that somebody will convert the tutorial
> into Wiki-pages (sorry, I
> don't find the thread again)? So, should I wait
> until this work is done? I
> would spent some time in new screenshots,
> enhancements etc.

Thomas, you are most probably right:) We've
(Christoph, Greg) started to discuss who will do what
and in which way, nevertheless some initial work has
started to create the needed tutorial structure
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_with_Scribus

The basic idea is to first import the whole content
into the Wiki (either from Niyam's OOwriter original,
or from it's html-ised version), and to refurbish and
enhance it, then. I'll contact you off-list in the
evening for further details, but imho there is sure
one thing you could start doing right now: you could
try to recreate the sample file (FreedomYug) in
Scribus 1.3.* and replace it's content with other
texts and pictures, while preserving its layout. I
personally would prefer   Scribus community related
content, but there might be some better suggestions
from the list. Greg, Christoph?

cheers
Maciej