[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Jul 26 12:30:43 CEST 2006

MaHan a ?crit :
> --- listen at thomas-zastrow.de wrote:
>

>>Hi friends,
>>

>>Am I right that somebody will convert the tutorial
>>into Wiki-pages (sorry, I
>>don't find the thread again)? So, should I wait
>>until this work is done? I
>>would spent some time in new screenshots,
>>enhancements etc.
>>

> Thomas, you are most probably right:) We've
> (Christoph, Greg) started to discuss who will do what
> and in which way, nevertheless some initial work has
> started to create the needed tutorial structure
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_with_Scribus
>
> The basic idea is to first import the whole content
> into the Wiki (either from Niyam's OOwriter original,
> or from it's html-ised version), and to refurbish and
> enhance it, then.

Could it be possible to keep track of the changes (just by the paragraph
headings would be fine) so I could rapidly maintain the French
translation of the tutorial. I did the translation of the 1st version,
back in 2004 and would like to keep it up-to-date.

Thanks! Wonderful! Thanks again! :)

> I'll contact you off-list in the
> evening for further details, but imho there is sure
> one thing you could start doing right now: you could
> try to recreate the sample file (FreedomYug) in
> Scribus 1.3.* and replace it's content with other
> texts and pictures, while preserving its layout.
> I personally would prefer   Scribus community related
> content, but there might be some better suggestions
> from the list. Greg, Christoph?

But, Maciej, wouldn't it better to keep this "Freedom Yug" document in
the state it was done and add to it instead? The text is all about Open
Source and the situation that prevails in small villages in India if I
remember well. I found that text to be interesting, informative and with
a touch of exotism for a North American, plus, it was inspiring ? there
is a lot of people out there that are not aware (still) of FOSS! Can I
say these 8 pages (or so) weren't the "tutorial" in itself but a
effective way to demonstrate the capabilities of Scribus with the help
of the tutorial? So, yes, the structure of it has to do with the
tutorial, but the content is Nyam's personnal touch. If anything, I
would keep it as it is and add new pages to show new features if needed.
The tutorial itself (the OO.o file) can (needs) of course be edited
thoroughly. Maybe you will have better ideas! I can still be convinced.
It's only my personnal view on this. :)

Cheers!

Louis