[Scribus] Improving Scribus Wiki (once again)

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Jul 26 01:41:33 CEST 2006

Brian Astill napisa?(a):
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 00:05, MaHan wrote:
>> Brian, please let me hear your suggestions to improve
>> Scribus Wiki's usability. What do you miss?
>
> In a word - no, sorry, several :-) - a decent search engine.
> Your suggestion of:
> http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=1
> or this one:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running

> is fine _if_you_know_where_to_look_.
>
> I think it was the docs search which INSISTED on putting a space
> between "scribus" and "-" so I couldn't look for "scribus-ng" but
> only for "scribus".
> Try looking for something about wrapping text around image frames,
> using any term you can think of.  I found this a fruitless task.
> (I have since played with 1.3.3.2 and found it in properties)
> I found the docs.scribus.net to be well laid out but not useful
> for anything beyond THE simplest things.  The wiki uses a logic
> with which I am not familiar, but a good search engine would
> solve that problem.  The mail archive appears not to have a
> search facility at all.
> Only guessing, but my feeling is that if good search facilities
> were in those three areas much angst and "newbie questions" on
> this list would vanish.

Brian, thanks for the feedback. I cannot say anything about improving
the search capabilities of docs.scribus.net (I'm just an user),  but you
are certainly right about the search limitations of the wiki -- I'm
going to search for some solution.

It's admittedly not that obvious, where to look for it:) Dear Scribus
devs, could we have the info about http://search.srem.org/ in the
mailing list signature?

Cheers
Maciej