[Scribus] Improving Scribus Wiki (once again)

Brian Astill bastill
Wed Jul 26 01:18:31 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 00:05, MaHan wrote:
> Brian, please let me hear your suggestions to improve
> Scribus Wiki's usability. What do you miss?

In a word - no, sorry, several :-) - a decent search engine.
Your suggestion of:
http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=1
or this one:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running

is fine _if_you_know_where_to_look_.

I think it was the docs search which INSISTED on putting a space
between "scribus" and "-" so I couldn't look for "scribus-ng" but
only for "scribus".
Try looking for something about wrapping text around image frames,
using any term you can think of.  I found this a fruitless task.
(I have since played with 1.3.3.2 and found it in properties)
I found the docs.scribus.net to be well laid out but not useful
for anything beyond THE simplest things.  The wiki uses a logic
with which I am not familiar, but a good search engine would
solve that problem.  The mail archive appears not to have a
search facility at all.
Only guessing, but my feeling is that if good search facilities
were in those three areas much angst and "newbie questions" on
this list would vanish.

--
Regards,
Brian