[Scribus] Several reasons why columns will stay per frame in Scribus; was: Why do?

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jul 25 03:42:51 CEST 2006

BandiPat wrote:

> It does sound reasonable Andreas, but much more difficult than it ought
> to be.  Why must you always go around the elbow to get  to the hand?
> Those things should be direct, simple, almost to the point of being
> amazingly silly to do.   I'm not trying to turn Scribus into a low end
> program, just wanting low end features in my high end software.  :-)

OK, so describe in detail how you'd get straight to the hand, ie:

- Exactly what you think should happen to the user interface
- How the user would interact with the program as you think it should be
- How your changes preserve full functionality and make it easier for
beginners to find and use WITHOUT impairing use for experts

and I'll be interested. I asked you before and (unless I missed it in
this giant thread) you ignored the request, suggesting that you prefer
to criticize without offering alternatives, something I find rather
unhelpful.

I would like to hear your DETAILED and WELL THOUGHT OUT descriptions of
what you think can be improved.

--
Craig Ringer