[Scribus] Several reasons why columns will stay per frame in Scribus; was: Why do?

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Jul 25 03:07:30 CEST 2006

avox wrote:
> [...]
> Page columns wouldn't really be a text thingy, but more related to guides
> and
> frame handling. subik has been working on the guidemanager recently, so
> maybe
> you should talk with him. There also was some talk about automagic sizing of
> new textframes, but I don't know if anyone has implemented anything yet.
> That way you could have your "page columns", they would just be a little
> different:
> * you go to guidemanager and generate a columnlayout with gap
> * when you create a new frame, you get an option to automatically fill the
> available space upto the next vertical guide and to the end of page
> * when linking from an overflowing frame, you get an option to automatically
> fill
> available space on following pages (maybe creating new pages if needed)
>
> Does that sound reasonable to you?
>
> /Andreas

==========
It does sound reasonable Andreas, but much more difficult than it ought
to be.  Why must you always go around the elbow to get  to the hand?
Those things should be direct, simple, almost to the point of being
amazingly silly to do.   I'm not trying to turn Scribus into a low end
program, just wanting low end features in my high end software.  :-)

regards,
Pat

--
          ---SuSE Linux v10.1---