[Scribus] RE : Xara

frank gaude' tanzen
Mon Jul 24 20:24:25 CEST 2006

Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Hhhm, I'm not sure what I should think about Xara ... it's a great app,
> I like it, but I don't know *if* it would be ready sometimes ... perhaps
> in the same year as the HURD ...??

I don't see why you say that, Tom. Look at what these folks have
achieved in six months... and the program does many things that others
don't do right now. What's left? Clean up the printing, and what they
can export/import. They save/import GIF, PNG, EPS, and JPG now. Soon PDF
and SVG. It's still a single or double-page layout program, but just see
what it can do with feathering, beveling, contouring, blending, molding
with type, frames, pictures. All the things I thought at first they
couldn't do in Linux because others haven't done so, but they have done
it. They will be releasing version 0.7 soon, with 1.0 having more
features than the present Windows version. I see new innovations coming
by the combining of their Windows and Linux talents.

The color handling is as good if not better than anything I've seen, and
nothing can compare to its speed and ease of use.

If this is off topic, sorry.

frank