[Scribus] Why do?

Allen techwriter
Sun Jul 23 22:58:59 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

[snip]

> As for the rest, the learning curve for scribus is as flat as it can be for a
> DTP program. Serious DTP isn't trivial, and most of the difficulties for
> newbies arise from

Christoph,

I beg to differ. I've been using typesetting and layout programs since
the Compugraphic and the 8088. Scribus is harder to get going in than
any other DTP or layout program I've used in 20+ years. It's like an HP
calculator compared to a TI 20 years ago. It works, I guess, but
intuitive it is not. I wasn't taught that way so it's hard to relate to.
The docs are hard to follow and there is not much in the way of real
world examples to work through to get your head around it.

I'm sorry, but as a very new, but skilled DTP, Scribus user, I have to
agree with Pat.

Best,

Allen