[Scribus] changed since it morphed into...

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jul 18 00:12:39 CEST 2006

Allen wrote:
> Brief example. There is no documented process to migrate from Outlook
> 2002 to Outlook 2003. They changed the file structure, locations and
> naming. It is so bad that Microsloth had to give a freebie to a client
> of mine when it came time to migrate. It probably cost them 6 or 7 hours
> of tier two support to solve the problem only partially. My client is
> now much more willing to look at alternatives, but..., well, when she
> looked at what she'd have to learn and what she'd have to do to
> communicate with with her clients who are still in the Windoze world,
> she passed. She's in her mid fifties and really only wants to do the
> build outs for facilities moves, not spend her time learning computers.

But try this antidote...
One of the things we are learning about the brain which impacts all of
us, whether we're in our fifties or not, is that an important way to
keep your brain healthy is to continue all of your life to challenge
yourself to learn new things. About the time we begin to say, "well,
I've had enough new stuff, I'm just going to stick with what I'm
familiar with," our brains begin to shrink as we miss opportunities to
show ourselves that we're not all washed up and ready to start shopping
for a funeral plot. The nice thing about Linux is that it let's you
learn about it, doesn't try to keep you from learning anything, even if
that's cmake.

And chase it down with this one...
It seems strange to me to hear story after story of the ongoing agonies
of putting up with all the hassles of Windows, yet even if someone from
Microsoft broke into homes and smashed computers to bits, the reaction
is still, "I guess that means I'll have to buy the next version of Windows."

Greg