[Scribus] nasty quality when printing on my homeprinter

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 12 22:15:23 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2006 22:00 schrieb Peter Lesterhuis:
> Hi,
> Another question concerning Scribus 1.2.4.1 (lazily waiting for a fresh
> FC5-rpm update).
> When I print the document I edited in Scribus on my home-printer
> everything comes out as expected, except the title. The curves of the
> fonts are not neat and smooth, but "hairy". The title has been created
> in the Gimp and consists of big fonts (60 pt) with a perspective shadow.
> I saved it as title.png and then imported it as a picture in Scribus. On
> the screen it looks perfect.
> When I create the title in a text frame in Scribus (same font, same
> size, but no perspective shadow) it prints very well!
> How can I create a title in the Gimp and import it in Scribus without
> loss of (printable) quality?

Hoi Peter,

Probably you have created your image with GIMP's default resolution (72 dpi)
which is enough for web and screen but not enough for printing. Try to
re-create the title with at least 200 dpi (300 dpi is the standard for
professional printing)

> Peter.

HTH,

Christoph