[Scribus] Setting a thesis in Scribus (ver. 1.3.3.2 dev)

Nik scribus
Thu Jul 13 02:02:56 CEST 2006

> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
> From: avox <avox at arcor.de>
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] Setting a thesis in Scribus (ver. 1.3.3.2 dev)
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>

> Sorry, I need to nitpick on this one :-)

Nitpick away  :o)

> We developers think that 1.3.3 is as stable as 1.2.4. In fact there are
> plans
> to make 1.3.3 the new (intermediate) stable version, since there are a lot
> of features in the 1.3 branch which are missing in 1.2.

That would be awesome! I am really fond of the 1.3 interface and, as you
can see, a number of its new features.

>>>c) anchoring images to paragraphs, keywords, etc.;
>>
>>No, scribus positions everything by frames. In my experience, this is
>>much more accurate and simple than content-based layout. (see note above
>>regarding keeping chapters independent).)
>>

> This is possible in 1.3.3 but somewhat experimental.

Ok, that's very interesting. I have recently had harassment from others
regarding  a large document we are working on collaboratively and the
reformatting I have to do at times after importing significantly changed
chapters.

> 1.3.3 supports different numbering schemes per section.

That would be very useful for some documents I do as well.

Thanks for the tips Andreas - I'm looking forward to going live with a
1.3 version.

Cheers!
Nik.