[Scribus] New User Help Request

Rich Shepard rshepard
Tue Jan 31 16:42:07 CET 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, neil lewis wrote:

> Re: setting the font, sounds like you didn't select the text in the
> editor before making the changes.

Neil,

   Thank you. Selecting the text to be acted upon is what I do with LaTeX/LyX
and OO.o, but that did not occur to me for one reason. My reading of the
tutorials and manual led me to believe that each text frame has a particular
purpose (headline, subhead, body text, drop cap, etc.). Since the contents
are single-purpose, any attribute changes should automatically apply to the
text in the box.

   I see now that this is not the case, but it's not an unreasonable
assumption for a newcomer to the application.

All fixed,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"