[Scribus] Tutorial reference

Mark Nowiasz buckaroo
Thu Jan 26 01:57:52 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2006, 00:33 +0000 schrieb Benjamin Green:

> I was just wondering really. The stone carving looks great, and it's an
> excellent tutorial. I don't think it's an issue personally, just passing
> on comments. I do think that primary school kids should get taught page
> layout if it's appropriate. Word processors are such a bad thing, and that
> is what a lot of kids end up with. Remember that different countries set
> thier "primary" ranges differently. It's 11 or 12 for the final year in
> some places.

In that case, teach them LaTex instead of a word processor. No, this
isn't a joke ? LaTeX is rather easy to learn. I know of someone's mother
(the lady in question was about 70) who learned LaTex quite fast.

A DTP program isn't a replacement for a word processor ? it's completely
different in fact.

The only valid reason to teach DTP to such young pupil would be if they
want to publish a student's newspaper ? in that case only the person
responsible for laying out the paper would feel the need to learn
something about DTP.

Cheers,
Mark
--
Insanity is hereditary.  You get it from your kids.