[Scribus] How to print 4 copies per page

Steven Boothe steven.boothe
Tue Jan 24 20:56:03 CET 2006

Paul Stoffregen wrote:
> Please forgive me for such a basic question... I'm a scribus newbie.
>
> I'm working on a small 5.5 by 4.25 inch ad, where 4 will be printed per
> letter-size page.
>
> Is there some way I can get my 5.5 by 4.25 custom size to "tile" or
> "step and repeat", so 4 copies print onto letter paper.  Or do I just
> have lay it out 4 times and be careful to get all 4 identical ?

This is a great question that applies to those wanting to print business
cards too. From what I've found is that your only option is pretty much
creating one frame the way you like it, and copying and pasting it from
there. If you make changes to that frame (or group) you would then need
to repeat that process.

It would be great to have some feature or python script that could
automate the synchronization of these frames, groups, or whatever.
OpenOffice has one method for doing this for business cards, but it is
pretty crude and clumsy at best.

Any other help or comments would be appreciated by me as well. I'd like
to use Scribus to create business cards for my business that I just
started. I've been spending some time the last few days searching
google, but have yet to find anything like a template or recipe for this
type of exercise.

Thanks in advance for any help at all,

Steven